Welcome to my blog! I am so glad you are here to join this journey with me. I decided to create a blog to share experiences, stories, and wisdom I have gained in my life. To talk about matters that have a special place in my heart and to also be able to help others through challenges that life throws at us. In no way, shape or form am I perfect but life is about living, growing, and helping others and that’s what I want to do. Life is hard, so why not get through it together?!
On this site, I promise you will Laugh. Learn. Cry. And hopefully feel inspiration! The world tells us all to be ONE way and if we don’t follow that one way well, then it’s the wrong way. This site will be a safe haven to talk, love and express what matters most. There may be topics you agree with and some you don’t, but hey that’s ok! I will be posting every Wednesday and Sunday and you NEVER know, there may be surprise posts as well!
I would LOVE to interact with all of you. So if you have ANY questions, topics you want covered, things you want to know, or just someone to chat with please contact me under the “Follow Me” section. I will be posting polls periodically to let YOU choose what I should talk about!
Make sure to click the follow me button below to get updated on new posts!
Welcome to my blog! I have so many great ideas to talk about, But first I want to share 50 facts about me so you can get to know me a little more! Sit back and get ready because these will be 50 random, crazy ,unique facts about me!
“No one is you and that is your power”
- My name is Mallory but most people call me Mal. ( Except my Mom, You’ll never hear her call me that!)
- I’m the youngest of 3 girls.
- I have a rare disease. Gastroparesis. Which means a part of my stomach is paralyzed. Its extremely painful, life changing and there is no cure.
- I entered this world weighing a whopping 8lbs 8ozs (Sorry Mom!)
- I’m named after my Grandfather. We share the same middle name. Francis. Mine is spelt just like his, the male version. (My Dad’s Father)
- Growing up I wanted to be a astronaut. Id have crazy dreams about going to space.
- However I am so afraid of heights!
- I LOVE running.
- At one point, I wanted to run and compete in the Olympics but I never tried to peruse that because I thought it was too far fetched! Haha.
- I almost drowned when I was 4, but my sister saved me. And yes I do still remember that day vividly.
- I am a Mormon, Born and raised.
- I have Depression, Anxiety and PTSD.
- Even with my Anxiety, I’m really good at emergency situations.
- I have a big birth mark on my right thigh that makes me super self conscious.
- Family means EVERYTHING to me.
- I have a deep passion for learning my Genealogy.
- I had my appendix out in 08′ and it is somewhere in a jar for testing. It didn’t rupture but was larger than normal, was twisted and had stones in it.
- My all time favorite, go to show is “I Love Lucy”
- I have an old soul. I joke at times I was born in the wrong era.
- I love to write. I’m always writing and buying journals.
- I hope to one day publish a book.
- If I put my mind to it, I can draw.
- I’m my Mom’s twin. She looks just like her Mom and it goes on like that for generations. We have a strong gene!
- I never met my Mom’s dad, But I’m like him in many ways. From my interests to even how I always sit.
- I’m far from being a girly girl.
- I HATE being center of attention. ( Creating a blog is so out of my comfort level)
- I’m a sucker for Disney movies.
- I do photography.
- I collect vintage cameras. My oldest one is from 1912.
- My all time favorite holiday is Christmas.
- I am ridiculously clumsy.
- I’ve been attacked by a camel and a armadillo before. (true story)
- I LOVE scary movies, But hate being scared haha!
- I have a weird obsession with crime and murder mystery shows.
- I love watching medical shows where it shows actual real life traumas and surgeries.
- Blood doesn’t bother me at all. But needles make me nervous haha.
- In 07′ I had a back injury that resulted in two cracked vertebras which lead to months of PT.
- I’m always listening to music, its how I express my emotions at times when I cant find the words to.
- My music selection is all over the place from Guns N Roses, Def Leppard, Alan Jackson, Chicago, The Beach Boys, Rod Stewart, Charlie Daniels to name a few.
- I love learning about Ancient Egypt. I hope to visit Egypt one day.
- I’m not a huge reader, but when I do its mostly about Holocaust Survivors, Biographies, and Egypt of course.
- I’m really good at directions. 99% of the time after I’m somewhere once I’ll always remember how to get there.
- I’m horrible at remembering names, but I’ll always remember a face even if its been years and I can remember the smallest details from what they were wearing to where it was.
- I’m a horrible cook. If it can go in the microwave I’m good but even then that can get interesting haha!
- People ask all the time if I dye my hair. Answer is NEVER have. I was born a blonde, and my hair turned brown in grade school. These blonde highlights are the real thing! ; )
- I have a horrible ( but good) sweet tooth!
- I’m HIGHLY allergic to hazelnuts, even the smell but I can eat all other nuts.
- I did drama in High School.
- I love collecting quotes.
- I am a Domestic Violence Survivor.